Renaissance Town hall Building in Hostinne

Back | Places of interest and destinations > Other historical monuments > Giant Mountains

Giant Mountains

Nám. 1. Máje
Hostinné, 543 71

QR kód kontaktů pro Váš mobilní telefon
The square-shaped central square is dominated on the western side by a Renaissance town hall with Baroque tower and a clock.

The tower was built and attached to the town hall in 1525. After a fire in 1610 it was rebuilt by C. Valmadi, an Italian builder, and decorated with graffito. Since 1641 the town hall tower face has borne monumental sculptures of two giants, each 4.80 m in height and bearing Roman armament.

The tower has a viewing gallery and a Baroque onion-shaped roof. Viewing of the town of Hostinné is available after prior telephone reservation at the Information Centre in Hostinné.

Renesanční radnice v Hostinném, author: jan špelda
 
Renesanční radnice v Hostinném, author: jan špelda
Renesanční radnice v Hostinném, author: jan špelda
Renesanční radnice v Hostinném, author: jan špelda
 
Print preview