Church of the Holy Spirit, Český Dub

Back | Places of interest and destinations > Religious monuments > The Českolipsko Region

The Českolipsko Region

Kostelní ulice
Český Dub, 463 43

QR kód kontaktů pro Váš mobilní telefon
The late Roman-style church was built together with the Commandry of the Order of Knights of St. John in the middle of the 13th century.

The church used to be surrounded by a cemetery and the hospital adjacent to the northern wall often welcomed St. Zdislava, who would come here for her treatment. In the 1480s the church was destroyed by a fire; the new building by Konrád Pflüger was completed in 1490. The casing painted with templates and discovered here and the engraving of a leper's head on the corner of the square tower date from this period. The main entrance is crowned with a metal coat of arms of the Rohans. The baldachin portal with the original door in the presbytery dates back to 1530; the altars were made in the late 18th century and the organ in 1892.

Kostel sv. Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský
 
Kostel sv. Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský
Kostel sv.Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský
Kostel sv. Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský
 
Print preview