27244816
CSDEPL
Login

Severní Čechy.info - aktuální informace o turistice, ubytování a službách

Hřensko

Hřensko

Web:www.hrensko.cz
QR kód kontaktů pro Váš mobilní telefon
The town of Hrensko lies on the river Elbe on the border with Germany on the north of Decín.

The first written evidence of Hřensko came from the year 1475. The place was known because of the road, which came here from East side and was called the Czech Road (Česká silnice), woodcutters and swimmers built their cottages here. In 17th century, the significance of Hřensko as business center increased.

In the 19th century there came a period of the rapid development of tourism for Hřensko. The path from Hřensko to Pravčická brána (gate) was repaired and meanwhile this time, many new hotels, pensions and pubs were built. Sandstone Passes (Soutěsky) were made accessible. Since Middle ages, Hřensko has been solving the problems with floods and sandstone crashing. Among the biggest disasters were floods in 1845 and 1897. In 1926, sandstone located close to parsonages slid down and damaged two buildings next to factory. In 1978 huge sandstone block came down and landed between two tourist buses. Dangerous sandstones are being secured and strengthened.

The buildings in Hřensko are mainly hotels and pensions. In years 1786-87, baroque church of John Nepomucky was built - it is said that the construction was initiated by the emperor Joseph II., who stopped here in 1779 while taking a trip to Děčín. Next to the road to Janov is located pseudogothic chapel and little further is small chapel engraved to sandstone massive. Statue of Holy John Nepomucky comes from 1756. In Hřensko there is also border pass to Germany.
Obec Hřensko
 
Obec Hřensko
Obec Hřensko
Obec Hřensko
Obec Hřensko
Obec Hřensko
Obec Hřensko
 
 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load
Close map