25740395
CSDEPL
Login

Severní Čechy.info - aktuální informace o turistice, ubytování a službách

Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Jičín

Bohemian Paradise

náměstí Svobody
Jičín, 506 01

GSM:+420 733 755 942
E-mail:fiser.miloslav@centrum.cz
Web:www.jicin.farnost.cz
QR kód kontaktů pro Váš mobilní telefon
The Church of St. Ignatius was originally the town\'s Gothic-style parish church consecrated to St. James, which was transferred to the Jesuits in 1622 and then consecrated to St. Ignatius.

It was built in the first half of the 14th century by Petr of Vartenberk, the then builder of the castle of Kost. While the church was used by the Jesuits, the northern and western sacristies were added, and it received a barrel vault with lunettes and early Baroque stucco decorations. The most valuable decorations include the paintings of St. Ignatius of Loyola and the Virgin Mary Rušánská, which the Jesuits received from Russia in 1637. Damaged by two fires, the church received Renaissance reconstructions.

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2021
load
Close map