25598336
CSDEPL
Login

Severní Čechy.info - aktuální informace o turistice, ubytování a službách

Church of the the Birth of the Virgin Mary, Trutnov

Giant Mountains

Trutnov, 541 01

QR kód kontaktů pro Váš mobilní telefon
The Church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary was built by Viennese builder Leopold Niederecker.

This is a late Baroque-style building with Classicist and Rococo elements. The characteristic silhouette of the church is dominated by the 64-metre tower with an onion-domed tip. The main altar dates from 1784; nine side altars are located along the perimeter of the Classicist nave. The pulpit is decorated with religious reliefs from 1864. In the past the church was also decorated with ceiling paintings with biblical motifs, which were unfortunately covered with white paint later on. Since 1991 the church has had four new bells; 1994 saw the completion of a several-year general reconstruction of the church.

, author: Daniel Balogh
, author: Daniel Balogh
 
 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2021
load
Close map